These are interesting times to say the least, forcing the entire world to face challenges that test the foundations of our morals, beliefs and integrity.
Without a doubt, we as a collective world, have strayed far from our sustainable roots. We have allowed fast, cheap and convenient to lure us into a false state of pleasure and security. We have forsaken ownership of our health and the principles of supporting the bodies biology. We are massively distracted by social media and mindless entertainment. In truth, most people have been disconnected and isolated for years, and have no idea what their “purpose” in life is. Most disturbing to me is that we have impacted our fur family AND mother earth. Dogs have the highest rates of cancer and degenerative diseases than any mammal on the planet. Cats are close behind with statistic showing 1:3 cats being diagnosed with cancer. Due to disruption of the carbon cycle, life on planet earth could become extinct in under 70 years.
Time For A Wake Up Call
I embrace this world wide crisis, this pandemic, whether real or manmade, as a wake up call. Worldwide we were not living sustainable lifestyles. Everywhere on the planet there is ongoing massive “awakening” and new opportunities to solve problems while creating positive change.
Fear Or Fortune
The world as we knew it will never be the same. How we choose to experience the new world is up to each and every one of us. We can be victims or we can connect deeply within, to our spiritual truths and core values, choosing to create a world of kindness, compassion, awakening the core values of life itself and fostering a healthy relationship with each other and mother earth.
Covid 19 – Dogs And Cats
Sadly, people in other countries were abandoning their pets because of unsubstantiated fear that pets would spread the disease.
The following statements are from the American Veterinary Medical Association regarding Covid 19 and its relationship on the pet population.
“The current spread of COVID-19 is a result of human to human transmission. To date, there is no evidence that companion animals can spread the disease. Therefore, there is no justification in taking measures against companion animals which may compromise their welfare.”
“The Veterinary Services of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China reported to OIE evidence that a dog had tested weak positive to the COVID-19 virus following close exposure to its owners who were sick with COVID-19. The test, conducted by real time PCR, showed the presence of genetic material from the COVID-19 virus, but the dog was not showing and has not shown any clinical signs of the disease.”
“There is no evidence that dogs play a role in the spread of this human disease or that they become sick. Further studies are needed to understand if and how different animals might be affected by COVID-19 virus. The OIE will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available.”
“There is no evidence to support restrictions to movement or trade of companion animals.”
As with any infectious disease, precautionary measures should be taken by owners when companion or other animals have close contact with humans sick or suspected with COVID-19
Though there has not been any reports of companion or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19 and currently there is no evidence that they play a significant epidemiological role in this human disease, it is still recommended that people who are sick with COVID-19 limit contact with other people and other animals until more information is known about the virus.
When handling and caring for animals, basic hygiene measures should always be implemented. This includes hand washing, preferably with hot soapy water (use only healthy soaps free of chemicals and preservatives), before and after being around or handling animals, their food, or supplies.
When possible, people who are sick or under medical attention for COVID-19 should have another member of their household care for their animals.
Never before has it been more important to focus on a healthy immune system! The following are strong recommendations for people and pets:
- Stop polluting the body with toxic foods. Human should avoid processed foods, processed sugar and toxic oils like Canola, vegetable and soy. Avoid the “dirty dozen” (the 12 most toxic foods can be found at www.ewg.org ). Pets should avoid processed foods as well (kibble and can) and non organic diets.
- Avoid tap water, plastic bottled water and other sources of water that are not filtered and structured properly. For more information on water visit spring aqua springaqua.com/drsiegel or synergy science https://synergyscience.com/
- Minimize EMF exposure. Measure your exposure with meters to see where and how bad the problem is.
- Avoid cleaning products, laundry products and air fresheners that have preservatives and chemicals. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t use it. Do: Use natural cleaners (vinegar, hydrogen peroxide), learn DIY cleaners and Essential Oils.
- Avoid body care products that have chemicals and preservatives. EWG.org has free consumer information on products. Do: Use natural organic products.
- Do not use chemicals and pesticides (particularly Glyphosate containing weed killers) on your lawns and petition homeowner associations to ban the use of these in your neighborhood.
- Clean the A.N.T.’s in your brain! Be aware of Automatic Negative Thoughts and negative beliefs (especially yours!) Start writing them down (I will give suggestions on what to do with these in the What To Do section of this article).
What to do to maintain a healthy immune system and positive outlook:
- Eat organic! Use healthy oils (coconut oil, real butter, 100% Olive oil), eat the rainbow (lots of different colored fresh foods) and eat 51% raw food each meal. For cats and dogs, convert them to a species appropriate diet (an organic raw diet that is balanced with the right amount of meat, fat, bone and organ meat along with the essential vitamins and minerals). For more information on diet and supplements, go to www.evoloveraw.com
- Mitigate EMF exposure by increasing the distance between you and the source. Turn off the wifi router as much as possible, especially when sleeping or leaving the home. Stop using smart appliances and use airplane mode when internet is not needed. Hard wire (how old fashioned but sooo much safer) and use reputable EMF protection devices . For more information on EMF protecting visit synergy science https://synergyscience.com/
- Support a healthy gut lining. Homemade bone broth and fermented foods (homemade kefir and sauerkraut) are valuable for people and fur babies to support the gut lining and the micro biome.
- Repair leaky gut with products that restore tight junctions. Ion Gut Health (formerly called Restore) repairs the Actin Filaments and restores the communication network between the micro biome (the good bacteria) and the mitochondria (the power house that makes the energy for the body). There is a pet product available too, visit www.evoloveraw.com for more information and to order on line.
- Provide the proper supplements including the essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Visit evoloveraw.com for details and to order.
- Drink filtered, structured, energized molecular hydrogen water. info.springaqua.com/msiegel is a fantastic resource that does not require electricity to filter water or produce molecular hydrogen. The website offers a plethora of information!
- Maintain good air quality in the home. Air doctor is a great affordable air system for home or office! This link: for air doctor Excellent Air purifier offers a $300 discount when you use this link.
- Use diffusers with essential oils for immune boosting. Visit naturallivingfamily.com for great recipes.
- Make your own household cleaners using vinegar, water, hydrogen peroxide and essential oils. I have recipe’s posted on my website www.pascovet.com This is better for you, the environment and a fun education for children to learn!
- Support the organs of elimination (Lungs, Liver, Kidneys, Colon, Skin and Lymphatics).
- Salt booths are a fantastic way to clean the lungs! We have a salt booth and encourage owners to go in with their fur kids.
- Infrared sauna’s (I prefer ones that deliver both far and near) are great for detoxing liver and skin and supporting the mitochondria. My favorite is Therasage http://bit.ly/37Ekpm4 . They have small and medium pads that emit both near and far infrared along with variable heat settings. They also have a battery operated personal air purifier, great for travel.
- Get quality sleep, at least 6-8 hours a night.
- Exercise! 30 min minimum every day. Include some rebounding to move the lymphatics.
- Begin and end EVERY DAY reviewing what you are grateful for. Share your gratitude with friends and family, encouraging them to stay focused on what you DO have.
- Make your own essential oils hand soaps and sanitizers. Great project to do with the kiddo’s!
- Grow some food! Herbs can grow in your window sill, vegetables in a grow box outside and plant food bearing trees. Not only will you eat healthier, but you enjoy grounding, connecting to mother earth, enhance your microbiome and increase Vit D levels!
- Play, laugh, smile, meditate and begin some form of self discovery.
- Be kind, compassionate and encouraging to those feeling more challenged. “Together we stand, divided we fall…”
- Follow credible websites for current government guidelines for disease control.