It is here to stay…
How do we cope?
EMF (or Electro Magnetic Field) comes from electricity.
• In the home – DECT cordless phones, hairdryers, vacuums, refrigerators, microwave ovens, irons, televisions (the flat panel TVs are much better than the old box-style
EMF is divided into 4 areas
Electric Fields: Defined as voltage. Considered low frequency.
High Frequency Fields: Radiation from wireless devices, cell phones & Wi-Fi.
ALL ELECTRONICS PLUGGED IN (EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT TURNED ON) BOMBARD US WITH EMF.
To understand low frequency fields (electric and magnetic), consider a lamp that is plugged into an outlet but not turned on. There is “electricity” going through the cord though the current is not owing. That voltage present in the cord creates an electric field. When the light is turned on and current is flowing, it now creates a magnetic field. Items that run
Appliances that are “turned off ” are still pulling voltage as evident in the dials and displays that are lit. These devices are pulling “phantom” electricity and contributing to low frequency EMF pollution (and costing you more in electric usage).
How does EMF harm us?
EMF sets off a chain reaction, starting with creating a subtle effect on the skin’s cell membrane that affects the calcium channels (how calcium moves in and out of the cell), releasing oxidizing chemicals that attack cell components, resulting in mitochondrial damage (the energy powerhouse of the cell), DNA damage and intra and extracellular damage. The result is a lack of coherence; the cells no longer communicate effectively creating dis-ease. Iron, necessary for healthy blood and many other metabolic functions, is highly affected by EMF. The permeability of the cell membrane of nerves, blood vessels, skin, and other organs are affected as well.
Symptoms related to EMF exposure could be headaches, fatigue, dizziness, skin rashes, miscarriage, leukemia, and cancer.
Animals are particularly sensitive to EMF and suffer the same deleterious effects.
The question is no longer if EMF is harmful and can we stop it. Now we need to ask how to mitigate the damage.
People and pets have a threshold of tolerance (the level in which you don’t notice harmful side effects) that depends on that individual’s immune system. The stronger the immune system, the higher the tolerance threshold.
Maintain The Best Immune System! Since 80% of the immune system lives in the gut, improve digestion!
1. Avoid processed foods, sugars, bad fats, and GMO’s. Eat fresh, eat organic.
2. Feed pets their species appropriate diet. Dogs and cats should eat a balanced raw food . Provide the 80 essential vitamins minerals and fatty acids in a quality plant based supplement.
3. For people, try to eat at least 51% of each meal raw (salad, juice, dehydrated).
4. People and pets should take probiotics and support the gut microbiome. I prefer to use live cultures like Kefir (best to make homemade kefir using raw organic cow or goat milk), or fermented vegetables, both of which I teach people how to make at home.
5. Drink the cleanest healthiest water possible. I recommend molecular hydrogen water. My favorite company is ECHOH2 Water. http://synergyscience.com/#agent=2368
6. Lower cortisol levels by reducing sympathetic nervous system tone and raising the parasympathetic tone. This can be done through proper exercise, meditation and magnetic resonance therapy using a machine called a Magnesphere. For details on how the Magnesphere works, go to http:// magneceutical.com/how_it_works.php.
7. Identify the sources of EMF exposure and the degree of severity.
There are specific meters for the 4 different EMF types (electric, magnetic, high frequency and dirty electricity). Knowing what is affecting you is critical to implementing resolutions.
Types of Meters To Detect The Various EMF:
Trifield EX100 Flat Response Meter: Detects low frequency (magnetic and electric).
Stetzer Microsurge Meter: Detects intermediate range frequency, the dirty electricity from home wiring.
For more informa on on meters, contact www.lessemf.com.
Reduce the overall EMF burden
There are 3 basic options:
1. Turn it off, unplug it or get rid of the device creating EMF (if you can live without it). Consider putting devices on a timer so they are not running during the times you are in that area.
2. Create distance between you (your pets) and the source. Replace fluorescent bulbs. Remove Wi-Fi and hardwire to the Internet or turn off the Wi-Fi when not home (for the pets safety) and when sleeping. Use a battery alarm clock or move it and small appliances away from the bed. Keep the cell phone further away from the body by using the speaker. Hair dryers create massive EMF. Use a hose extension to create distance. Use corded phones. Sleep in an electricity free bedroom (turn the power off at the breaker box). Try not to use laptops while they are charging.
3. Shielding. Personal shielding devices include clothing, bedding, bed canopies, and drapes. Walls can be shielded with special paint and fabrics. Appliances/equipment can be shielded as well.
We are living in the electronic revolution. EMF pollution is only getting worse as newer and more powerful devices are introduced that create more EMF. We can make lifestyle choices in our homes, but we are also impacted by our neighbors and the places (business and recreational) we spend time at.
We the consumer drive the direction of change. The way we spend our dollars is our “vote”. For example, many businesses now feature free Wi-Fi to draw customers in because consumers wanted free Wi-Fi (not fully understanding the price we would be paying in damaging health consequences). Why not demand shielding to mitigate the damage? What if all new construction took into consideration shielding and convenient on/off switches for EMF mitigation? What if safer standards were developed and required for electronics and home wiring? Why not!
Create the demand – Someone will supply it
By making lifestyle changes to protect and mitigate the consequences of EMF for our children, our pets and ourselves, we can influence industries to create safer, healthier environments. If we demand it (by how we spend our dollars), more time and energy will be spent on developing safer devices and better shielding.
Dr. Marlene Siegel